Online versus retail: the ultimate showdown
Introducing first, the defending champion: providing Canadians with fast and accurate tax preparation services for more than 50 years, is H&R Block’s retail offices. And in the online corner, the challenger: a newer way to do your taxes yourself, online from your computer or mobile device, is the H&R Block Online Tax Software.
How do you choose which option to help you get what’s yours this tax season? Here’s the showdown between the two so you can decide what works for you.
H&R Block Retail Office
Equipped with the best Tax Experts, H&R Block retail locations are a great option if you prefer to work face-to-face when completing your tax return. By choosing to work with one of our Tax Experts, you will be able to:
- Have access to industry leading services including Instant Cash Back and Pay with Refund
- Work with the most qualified tax experts available, as they’re trained on the latest tax changes each year, with specialties to suit your tax situation
- Have a personalized interview about your tax situation, followed by a free estimate
- Find a Tax Expert at one of more than 1,200 offices across Canada
- Have confidence in your tax return knowing it’s backed by our Maximum Refund Guarantee and Peace of Mind® Extended Service Plan
- If you get audited, an H&R Block tax expert will help you respond and represent you to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). If you owe additional taxes due to our error in the preparation of your return, we'll cover up to $3,000
- Get a free Second Look by one of our Tax Experts to find any missed deductions or credits on up to three of your past returns – regardless of who prepared them
H&R Block Online Tax Software
If you want to have more flexibility for when and where you file, then the H&R Block Online Tax Software may suit you best. It’s the easiest to use and most thorough free option on the market. With H&R Block’s Online Tax Software you can: